WKTL is pleased to announce updated Jersey Guidelines with four spaces available for Sponsorships, outside of a WKTL Venue sponsorship opportunity.
Please read this guidance in detail.
WKTL Jersey Guidelines for WKTL Televised Tournaments:
- Jerseys must be a WKTL Jersey – WATL jerseys will not be accepted.
- Sublimewear USA (link) is the only licensed jersey supplier for Televised Tournaments
- Jerseys from previous tournaments (unless otherwise noted or communicated) may be used, so long as any sponsors are re-approved
- All jerseys must have
- Country Flag of Residence or BirthProof of Residence or Birthplace may be requested by WKTL
- Tournament Logo
- WKTL Logo
- Event Sponsor
- Sept. 22nd: Added Event Sponsor Block
- Last name
- Only last names are allowed on the jersey. No first names or nicknames allowed.
- Venue Logo
- The venue represented on the jersey may be decided by the player, but must follow these parameters:
- Venues represented must be a WKTL Sanctioned Venue
- The player must have permission from the Venue they choose to represent
- The player must have completed a standard or marathon league, in the calendar year of that tournament, at the venue being represented
- If the venue you are representing does not have a custom-designed jersey or is not a WKTL Affiliate, you must use the standard WKTL competitor jersey made for the particular tournament.
- Sponsored logos may be placed in the sections denoted in the green squares as shown below in Figure 2.
- Up to 4 unique sponsor logos may be used.
- The sections as shown in Figure 2 below are:
- 1. Right Chest
- 2. Left Side Sleeve
- 3/4. Back side below the Venue Logo
- The section for sponsor’s on the back of the jersey may be used for two sponsors side by side, or one sponsored logo in the middle.
- The sections as shown in Figure 2 below are:
- Sponsors may only purchase one logo placement per Jersey.
- For example, there can not be Company A’s logo both on the front, and Company A’s logo on the left side sleeve of the jersey. But you may have Company A’s logo on the front, and Company B’s logo on the left side sleeve.
All sponsorship material(s) (e.g., t-shirts, banners, knives, featured materials or accessories) must be submitted in advance for approval and will be subject to the World Knife Throwing League (WKTL) Sponsorship Standards and Guidelines and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For televised tournaments, the tournament information page will determine deadlines, submission format for sponsorship submission, and any other deviations from, or additions to, the standard tournament jersey rules outlined here.
Submission of any sponsorship material shall constitute your warranty to WKTL that all elements have been cleared for distribution (Internet distribution, digital or broadband properties) with respect to intellectual property rights: this includes, but is not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity.
All material submitted for approval over any of WKTL or affiliated networks or other media platforms is strictly the responsibility of the party submitting sponsorship material(s) and WKTL makes no warranties or representations to sponsorship material(s) being approved or distributed across various channels.
WKTL reserves the right to:
- accept or reject at any time material(s) for any sponsor for distribution over any of its tournaments or distribution properties;
- require elimination or revision of any material which violates WKTL’s Code of Conduct, standards, policies or guidelines; federal, state or local laws or regulations; is otherwise contrary to the public interest;
- reject any material in which the sponsor material could negatively affect its audience; and reject any material that appears in WKTL’s sole judgment to improperly associate the submitting sponsor with a WKTL or WKTL sponsored or owned property (e.g. US Open, World Knife Throwing Championship, or WKTL owned trademarks, etc).
- reject any material or sponsor where sponsor employees, owners or shareholders have engaged in conduct contrary to the WKTL Code of Conduct
Furthermore, WKTL may refuse material or sponsor (which includes sponsor employees, executives, shareholders or owners), in WKTL’s sole judgment:
- May violate any rights of any person, firm or corporation
- Contains any false, unsubstantiated or unwarranted claims for any product or service, or makes any unauthenticated testimonials
- Advertises any habit-forming drug, tobacco product, distilled liquor, handgun or handgun ammunition
- Contains any material constituting or relating to a lottery, a contest of any kind in which the public is unfairly treated or any enterprise, service or product that tends to encourage, abet, assist, facilitate or promote illegal or legal gambling
- Makes any appeal for funds
- Contains any material that is defamatory, obscene, profane, vulgar, repulsive or offensive, either in theme or in treatment or that describes or depicts repellently any internal bodily functions or symptomatic results of internal conditions, or refers to matters that are not considered socially acceptable topics
- Contains or promotes any false or ambiguous statements or representations that may be misleading to the audience
- Infringe or have previously infringed on WKTL trademarks or Intellectual Property
- Includes an element of intellectual property without the owner’s consent to such use, including but not limited to design performance or gives rise to any other colorable claim of infringement, misappropriation or any other form of unfair competition
- Disparages or libels any competitor or WKTL
- Is or might be injurious or prejudicial to the interests of the public, WKTL or honest advertising and reputable business in general
- Promotes CBD/Cannabis-related products or services
Please note that knife/axe manufacturers require a specific sponsorship agreement with WKTL prior to the submission of any materials.
Challenges to Rejected Sponsors:
Competitors many challenge WKTL’s ruling in writing to email@example.com
Consideration of a challenge will be initiated upon presentation of satisfactory evidence that the challenger has contacted the sponsor and made a good-faith effort to resolve the rejection as presented by WKTL to bring the sponsor within compliance of WKTL Sponsorship Guidelines. WKTL reserves the right, at WKTL’s sole discretion, to accept or reject Challenges or request additional information, consideration or assertions to be made in order to approve Sponsors.